Friday, January 8, 2016

Traveling Light by Max Lucado*

"Releasing the Burdens You Were Never Intended to Bear"
With his poignant stories and illustrations, Mr. Lucado reaches out to his readers in a personal and transforming way.  The reader feels like Mr. Lucado is sitting in the same room, discussing matters of the heart in a calm and caring demeanor.
I love his style of writing.
Using Psalm 23, Mr. Lucado shares how we are carrying burdens that should and need to be released to God.
Very interesting approach to the 23rd Psalm!
Study guide questions are included in the back.
Here is a list of the burdens and the corresponding phrase/verse:
1. the burden of a lesser God -The Lord
2. the burden of self-reliance- The Lord is my shepherd
3. the burden of discontentment- I shall not want
4. the burden of weariness- He makes me to lie down in green pastures
5. the burden of worry-He leads me beside the still waters.
6. the burden of hopelessness-He restores my soul.
7. the burden of guilt-He leads me in the paths of righteous for His name's sake.
8. the burden of arrogance- For His name's sake
9. the burden of the grave- Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for You are with me; Your rod and staff, they comfort me.
10. the burden of grief-Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death
11. the burden of fear-I will fear no evil.
12. the burden of loneliness- You are with me.
13. the burden of shame-You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies.
14. the burden of disappointment- You anoint my head with oil.
15. the burden of envy-My cup overflows with blessings.
16. the burden of doubt-Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life-
17. the burden of homesickness-I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.



No comments:

Post a Comment