Monday, February 12, 2018

Birds Art Life by Kyo Maclear

A Year of Observation
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this reflective book.  Ms. Maclear is a brilliant writer who weaves together thoughts about life, marriage, parents and myriad of other topics.  The topics are discussed as she bird watches in urban Toronto  with a gentleman she calls "the musician".  The book is divided up into seasons.
I was impressed with the breadth of her reading and her ability to communicate through writing.
I, however, can tell through her writing she and I would not agree on politics and worldview!  I also did not like how she spent a lot of time with a man who was not her husband.
I did not like the use of the "f" word a few times.
I heard about Ms. Maclear on Read Aloud Revival when Sarah Mackenzie highly recommended her children's picture books.

No comments:

Post a Comment