Monday, December 4, 2023

At Home in Mitford by Jan Karon-CD**

 I started reading this series when I was in my early twenties. It was a joy to revisit Mitford where Father Tim, Dooley, Cynthia, Miss Sadie, and Uncle Billy live. Since my youngest son and I are on the road a lot, we "bond" over audio books. He and I laughed numerous times. We also nodded our head in agreement over the spiritual truths woven into the plot. God's salvation through Christ is mentioned often throughout the story. I would say it is the foundation of the book. Ms. Karon integrates the Gospel and God's truth seamlessly. It isn't forced. Father Tim displays how to live for Christ in the ordinary, mundane days.

**Highly, highly recommend.

-I own the physical copy of this book. I borrowed the audio CD from the library.

This book is wholesome with a few cautions for the younger audience: Dooley swears a couple of times, Father Tim thinks his neighbor, Cynthia, has nice legs, at the end of the book Father Tim thinks how if he would kiss Cynthia, he would not be able to stop with her mouth-he would devour her.



No comments:

Post a Comment