Saturday, December 30, 2023

Wild + Free Book Club by Ainsley Arment*

 If you want to host a book club with friends or just have a special celebration with your children, this book is all you need! I have already shared most of these books with my sons so I won't be able to utilize many ideas. Wish it had been published years ago! I will be incorporating ideas from this book after I read aloud Tom Sawyer to my sons in the near future.

Beautiful photographs and whimsical illustrations. A nice mix of classics and modern novel

Most of the discussion questions were basic/quiz-like. I like Sarah Mackenzie open-ended questions because they create opportunities for discussion and also require critical thinking.

Books it features: The Adventures of Tom Sawyer, Anne of Green Gables, Around the World in Eighty Days, Black Beauty, Charlotte's Web, The Crossover, Esperanza Rising, The Evolution of Calpurnia Tate, Farmer Boy, From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler, The Green Ember, Heidi, The Hobbit, Island of the Blue Dolphins, The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, Little House in the Big Woods, A Little Princess, Little Women, Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH, My Side of the Mountain, Peter Pan, Pippi Longstocking, Robin Hood, Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry, The Secret Garden, The Swiss Family Robinson, Treasure Island, The Vanderbeekers of 141st Street

*Highly recommend.

-Borrowed from the library.



No comments:

Post a Comment