Tuesday, December 26, 2023

What Katy Did by Susan Coolidge*

 Katy, the oldest in the family, manages to create fun and chaos wherever she goes! When she was young, her mother died. Her rambunctiousness exasperates her aunt, who lives with them. This book was entertaining and fun to read! Katy reminds me of Anne of Green Gables (with lots of siblings).

-Borrowed via inter-lib. loan. The copy they loaned me included all the novels about Katy and her family. The copy, however, was fragile and made me nervous that I would ruin it as I read. As a result, I only read the first novel, What Katy Did. Some day I would like to read the other ones.


*Highly recommend. I ususally don't like girl main characters, but I liked Katy! God is mentioned via her Cousin Helen. 

I wish our county library had this series available. They do have the movie, which I requested.


No comments:

Post a Comment