Tuesday, December 26, 2023

Two advent books

 This advent I read Tsh Oxenreider's Shadow & Light. With each reading she has a suggested piece of music to listen, piece of art to look at, and a question to ponder. My favorite part was viewing the artwork each day. Her scripture readings came mostly from Psalms. For those who prefer to read the traditional Christmas story throughout the month, she provides those scriptures in the back. The devotional was not as "meaty" as I would have liked.

-I own this book.


A week before Christmas my good friend handed this devotional, Heaven's Light Breaking by Greg Laurie, to me at church. I really liked this one. Mr. Laurie incorporates memorable analogies and examples and thought-provoking challenges. Very Scripture-centered. *Highly recommend. I own this book-thanks to my friend! I plan to read this devotional during Advent 2024.




No comments:

Post a Comment