Thursday, April 11, 2019

A Piglet Named Mercy by Kate DiCamillo illustrated by Chris Van Dusen**

My boys and I love Mercy Watson!  We started reading her books when they were preschool age and have continued to delight in the characters and tales of Deckawoo Drive. 
Even though my boys are now ages twelve and nine, they enjoyed hearing me read aloud this picture book about how Mercy Watson came to live with the Watsons and the story behind her name.  Eugenia and Baby, of course, make their appearances!  My nine year old noticed parents walking down the street with a boy toddler and a baby girl in a stroller.  He inferred that they were Frank and Stella! 
After we finished reading it, my twelve year old proclaimed he was hungry for toast with lots of butter!
Mercy Watson, Mr. Watson, Mrs. Watson, Eugenia and Baby are some of my favorite literary characters!
**Highly, highly recommend.
-Borrowed from the library.

Image result for a piglet named mercy

No comments:

Post a Comment