Monday, April 15, 2019

Percy Jackson and the Olympians Book #1 and #2 by Rick Riordan*

The Lightning Thief #1
The Sea of Monsters #2
My twelve year old is reading this series to himself and loves it! 
He read these two books in about a week!
Percy Jackson is a demigod- half human and half god.  He is encountering many Greek mythology gods and has even angered Zeus.  In book one he has to return Zeus' master lightning bolt (Percy is the main suspect!).  In book two Camp Half-Blood's protective border has been poisoned so the safe haven has been compromised.  Percy and friends enter to the Sea of Monsters to save the camp.
My son commented a couple of times how the movies are so inferior to the books!
Both my husband and I have enjoyed the series.  I read only book one.  My husband read the entire series when the movies were being produced. 
*Highly recommend (but see warning).
Warning: Greek mythology;   In other mythology series by Mr. Riordan, he incorporates homosexual and transgender characters.  They are not in the Percy Jackson series.
-Borrowed from the library.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment