Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Alone Yet Not Alone by Tracy Leininger Craven*

Ms. Craven, a descendant of Barbara Leininger, relates Barbara's story about the effects of the Penn's Creek Massacre on the family. 
After the Allegheny warriors murder their father and one brother, they burn the family's home and kidnap Barbara and her sister Regina.  The reader experiences Barbara's life with the Native Americans, her daring escape and her reunion with her family. 
The importance of teaching my sons God's Word and making sure we sing His truths were reinforced as I read this account.
I read this aloud to my sons a few mornings a week over a few months.  They liked the part when Barbara escaped. 
Ms. Craven does a great job knowing when to skip months/years of Barbara's life to maintain the reader's interest.
*Highly recommend for girls (My boys were not overly thrilled about it.  I wanted them to learn about this remarkable story about an actual person from our area who had experienced the French-Indian War and who had survived a capture.).
-Borrowed from a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment