Sunday, May 17, 2020

Made to Move Mountains by Kristen Welch

How God Uses Our Dreams and Disasters to Accomplish the Impossible
With vulnerability and genuineness, Kristen Welch shares about a difficult year as she obeys God in her ministry Mercy House Global and with a scary health diagnosis of her child.  Her writing parallels David's Psalms-asking God "why" or crying out desperately for Him  and then also remembering that He is good and can be trusted amidst the injustices and uncertainties.
I marked lots of pages with book darts as I read.  Mrs. Welch incorporates many insights from wise individuals and plus her own profound conclusions as she travels up her mountains.
Initially I was not overly impressed because I had not expected so much of the writing focused on herself and her journey.  As I continued to read, I settled into the book and appreciated her stories.

Heads up- When I first looked through this book soon after it arrived in the mail, I immediately opened to a page where she quotes Joel Osteen, whose preaching/teaching I do not agree with.  I, however, did not found the quote offensive or unbiblical.

-I own this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment