Saturday, October 24, 2020

Down Cut Shin Creek -The Pack Horse Librarians of Kentucy by Kathi Appelt & Jeanne Cannella Schmitzer*

 After reading The Giver of the Stars by Jojo Moyes, I was intrigued about the pack horse librarians  in Kentucy.  I am so glad that Ms. Appelt & Ms. Schmitzer were fascinated by them too and wrote this book!!

I read this book in one sitting.  Although it is categorized as a "juvenile nonfiction" book, adults can learn a lot of information about the pack horse librarians in a short amount of time . . .. and retain the information!  Photographs enhance and support the text.  

My admiration for Jojo Moyes's research and ability to weave in fact with a novel deepened as I read this book.  Most of what I read in this nonfiction book was integrated adroitly into her novel.  

*Highly recommend.  

-Borrowed from the library.






No comments:

Post a Comment