Monday, February 28, 2022

Stepping Heavenward by Elizabeth Prentiss

 Written in 1869

In journal format, sixteen-year-old Kate bears her soul as she struggles with her sin nature and trying to understand God's love. The novel includes entries from age sixteen until she is nearing the end of her life. Initially her dramatics annoyed me. Then I thought that if I recorded all of my daily struggles, I would "sound" just like Kate! It was refreshing to read these soul-bearing entries because she voiced many of my concerns and struggles as a Christian. Observing her growth over the decades encouraged my soul. Growing in Christ is a journey. Each step, no matter how seeming insignficant, proves vital.

Although this novel is fictitious, Kate's life mirrors the authors. 

Elizabeth Prentiss, the author, wrote the hymn, "More Love to Thee, O Christ". 

I highly recommed it but am not sure how many people in our modern era will appreciate it?? Elisabeth Elliot, Kay Arthur, & Joni Eareckson Tada recommend it!😉

-Borrowed from the library.



No comments:

Post a Comment