Tuesday, February 8, 2022

The ABC Murders by Agatha Christie*

 A Hercule Poirot Mystery

I read aloud to my boys while they eat lunch about three times a week. It took me less than a month to read aloud this Agatha Christie novel to them! A few times they asked me to continue reading even though they were finished with lunch. I have read three Agatha Christie novels so far and am continually impressed with her ability to create a suspenseful novel with an unexpected solution! (This novel was my boys' first encounter with her.)

When Hercule Poirot receives a typed letter taunting him to solve a case, he knows that it will involve murder. Three murders occur in alphabetical order-Mrs. Ascher in Andover, Ms. Betty Barnard in Bexhill and Sir Carmichael Clarke in Churston. Before each murder, Mr. Poirot receives a letter in which the murder shares the date and town where it will take place. Mr. Poirot calmly and quietly analyzes the clues to find the culprit.

*Highly recommend. (Warning: some swearing, mention of sex appeal-easy to skip over when reading it aloud.)

I own this novel. From the library I requested the TV series starring David Suchet to watch the screen version of it. 

We may read Death on the Nile after we finish a biography about Corrie ten Boom. The movie is being released in theaters this week (Feb. 2022).




No comments:

Post a Comment