Sunday, August 14, 2022

Mr. Malcolm's List by Suzanne Allain

 I read this humorous novel in one evening! Although the plot isn't unique, I thoroughly enjoyed this light read. In a recent post I had mentioned that I am not a fan of romance novels. This novel is considered romance. . . .It reminded me of Jane Austen's novels, which I love, so maybe that is why I was amused and entertained by Mr. Malcolm's List??

Julia Thistlewaite cannot believe that after one date to the opera Jeremy Malcolm has not continued to pursue her. Through her cousin Cassie, she learns that he has a list of wife qualificiations. She does not meet his qualifications. For revenge, she invites her friend Selina Dalton to visit and develops a scheme to purge Mr. Malcolm from his arrogance. 

Warnings: some passionate kissing (not described in detail), some innuendos-very mild, At the end Mr. Malcolm says he has a new list . . .a list of things to be done and the top item on this list needs to wait for their wedding night!  However, for a recently published romance, this one is clean and fun!

I read about this novel in World magazine. They were reviewing the movie. I decided to read the novel first. The movie will soon be available on DVD, which I have requested already via the library.

-Borrowed via inter-library loan. No libraries in my county own this book. But they are ordering the movie. . .



No comments:

Post a Comment