Thursday, November 17, 2022

Surprised by Oxford by Carolyn Weber**

 This memoir is the most unique one I have ever read! I rarely read books by the same author within months of each other. I have now read two of Mrs. Weber's books in less than a month!! Although it reads like a novel, this memoir weaves in literature, philosophy,  and theology. The writing is beautiful. It is a piece of art. 

Mrs. Weber relates how she comes to Christ while studying at Oxford. She shares her thinking process and her growth in her new faith. When I visited her website, I noticed in 2021 this novel was being made into a romance movie! Oh I hope they keep Christ and His love for mankind at the center of it. Apparently it was released in October, 2022 in the U.S. I totally missed it.

My commonplace book is full of quotes/passages from this book.

**Highly, highly recommend for those readers who love literature, writing, poetry etc.

To consider: One of Carolyn's friends in gay. She does not condone it. She cares for him; he is her friend. They are scholars together. British Christians seem to accept drinking a pint more than American Christians!

-Borrowed via interlibrary loan.



No comments:

Post a Comment