Tuesday, November 29, 2022

The Secret Adversary A Tommy & Tuppence Mystery by Agatha Christie*

 I read this aloud to my teenage boys. All three of us loved it. Ms. Christie is truly the queen of myster! She had us guessing until the end. We love her twists and cleverness. My boys said they enjoyed this one better than The A.B.C. Murders & Death on the Nile. This book was different as there was more humor and likable characters.

After serving in the war, Tommy and Tuppence, childhood friends, find themselves together in London searching for a way to make money. They decide to post an advertisement stating that they will do anything and call themselves the "Young Adventurers". Adventures truly begin. Too late, they realize they are involved in an international conspiracy with expert criminals!

Warning: Not for elementary age students-recommended for teens and adults Since I read this aloud, I could skip what I deemed unnecessary.   Some swearing, a character is killed, guns are shot/used/violence, suspense, a bit of romance, drinking alchohol

*Highly recommend (but see warnings)

I own this book.



No comments:

Post a Comment