Wednesday, November 30, 2022

The Awakening of Miss Prim by Natalia Sanmartin Fenollera

 I found this book delightfully intriguing and stimulating. Prudencia Prim applies for a job as a librarian in small village, where the inhabitats are hospitable and sequestered from the modern world. As she interacts with her employer, "the Man in the Winged Chair", she is challenged with her thinking about religion, worldview, and education. She falls in love but realizes if she does not accept his God, he won't accept her.

A very philosophical book.  Although the conversations were deep, I did not feel like I knew the characters that well. A lot of lectures were included (I agreed with a lot of them (I wanted to copy whole pages because she aptly expresses some of my beliefs) but not effective writing). I did not always understand the conclusions to the debates. The ending required inferring.

-Borrowed from the library.



No comments:

Post a Comment