Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Duet by Phillip Hoose**

 Our Journey in Song with the Northern Mockingbird

I loved this book. Mr. Hoose intergrates history and facts seamlessly. The mockingbird is part of American history, art, music, literature and of course, scientific research.  I found myself savoring the information and wanting to remember everything!! After reading this book, I am more in awe of God's creation of the mockingbird. The source notes revealed how extensively Mr. Hoose researched. These source notes provide additional information and opportunity for further research.

In a month I am going to start reading aloud To Kill a Mockingbird to my sons. Information from this book will prove useful.

*Highly, highly recommend for those who love to learn and for those who love birds.

-Borrowed from the library.

Warnings/points to discuss: evolution theory is treated as fact (an entire chapter about Darwin is included), old-earth view, global warming, Thomas Jefferson is scolded for owning slaves and being hypocritical



No comments:

Post a Comment