Friday, December 23, 2022

Who Would Like a Christmas Tree? by Ellen Bryan Obed illustrated by Anne Hunter

 Almost every year when the ground hardens and the air develops a nip, I have the urge to reread Ms. Obed's Twelve Kinds of Ice. I rarely reread, but the poetic nature and the beautiful language in this book offer me delight every time I read it. As I searched for more books by Ms. Obed, I found this picture book by her.

Each month of the year features an animal who would like a Christmas tree that specific month. Ms. Obed also offers behind the scenes information what Christmas tree farmers do each month to care for their trees at the back of the book.

Although the main text is simple, older readers may enjoy the Christmas tree farm care information.

-Borrowed from the library.



No comments:

Post a Comment