Sunday, March 26, 2023

Outside Nowhere by Adam Borba*

 I find this book very odd yet very delightful. The plot captived me because the author slowly revealed answers as it progressed. 

After destroying the community pool by dumping fifty-seven gallons of powdered fruit punch into it, Parker is sent to work on a radish farm. His normal endearing personality does not budge the farmer, Molly or the other workers to like him. For the first time in his life, he has to work hard and to think of others before himself. Then he breaks one major rule-he eats the crop. Dire ramifications ensue but life lessons become endelible. 

I could not help but to like Parker even though at first he was irresponsible and selfish. As I discovered his life story, his behavior made sense. My thirteen-year-old started to read this book but stopped because he did not like Parker. He thought he was snooty.

Even though parts were sobering, I liked this quirky, at-times-humorous book.

*Highly recommend. (The cover, unfortunately, will not draw mobs of readers!)

-Borrowed from the library.



No comments:

Post a Comment