Sunday, January 29, 2023

Gift from the Sea by Anne Morrow Lindbergh*

 Anne Morrow Lindbergh, the wife of Charles Lindbergh, writes a reflective book about life and relationships. While reading it, I felt that Mrs. Lindbergh knew exactly how I have been feeling lately and provided much needed encouragement. She spends a week on an isolated island, by herself, to reflect and write. As she slows down her pace, she gathers shells and writes how their different shapes and functions serve as reminders how to live and embrace life. Although I did not agree with all of her surmises, I found myself nodding my head often and saying, "Exactly!". 

Essays are a favorite "genre" of mine. They usually showcase superb writing.

*Highly recommend.

-Borrowed from the library.



No comments:

Post a Comment