Tuesday, January 3, 2023

Till We Have Faces by C.S. Lewis*

 A myth retold-Cupid & Psyche

In her old age, Orual, queen of Glome, writes down her story, boldly accusing the gods. We, the reader, must decipher the truth. The gods took her only happiness and only love, her beautiful sister, Psyche. As she wrestles with this injustice, she discovers her true self as she writes her story. 

I cannot review/summarize this powerful, provoking story adequately. It is one that will require me to think about often. . . .over time! Currently, I am evaluating my love for others and how selfishness most often dictates that love. 

My tenth grader will soon be reading this novel. I am looking forward to his interpretation and the opportunity to discuss it with him.

*Highly recommend.

-I own this book.



No comments:

Post a Comment