Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Castle Diary The Journal of Tobias Burgess by Richard Platt illustrated by Chris Riddell*

Toby leaves his home to live with his uncle John Burgess, a baron.  There he will learn to be a page with the aspirations of becoming a knight.
Toby writes in a diary  about his adventures over the year (his mother's request!).
I read this book aloud to my boys.  We thoroughly enjoyed it! 
A fun and interesting story that brings this time period alive.
*Highly recommend.
The two library copies I borrowed were over-sized or 8 1/2 " by 11".  I liked this book so much that I ordered it over the phone through a local bookstore.  I, however, did not think to ask if the book was over-sized.  It was not!!  It was only 5" by 7".  As a result, many illustrations were not included.  The illustrations included were very small and the amazing details were not discernible. 
So, when purchasing this book, make sure it is the larger size.

No comments:

Post a Comment