Tuesday, December 25, 2018

The Wonky Donkey words and music by Craig Smith illustrated by Katz Cowley

I had never heard of this story until I was shopping at a local bookstore where they informed me they could not keep it on the shelf!
The narrator is walking down the road and encounters a three legged donkey.  As the story progresses, the narrator adds attributes about the donkey and a summarizing statement about the attribute.  The text is cumulative.
My boys and I enjoyed reading it together, but what made the book popular and what made us laugh really hard was a YouTube video of a Scottish Granny reading it aloud to her four month old grandson.  Her laugh is infectious!!
-Borrowed from the library.

Link to the article about the Scottish granny reading to her grandson with video link:

https://www.thestar.com/entertainment/books/2018/10/12/laughing-granny-video-makes-decade-old-kids-book-wonky-donkey-a-1-bestseller.html

No comments:

Post a Comment