Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Sing a Song of Seasons selected by Fiona Waters illustrated by Frann Preston-Gannon**

A Nature Poem for Each Day of the Year
Since I love poetry and nature, when I read a review about this anthology at The Redeemed Reader I knew I wanted to purchase it! 
It is beautiful!  One could use it for a coffee table book.
The poetry selection includes both classic poets and modern poets.  The poems will appeal to a wide variety of ages.  The poems are organized by months (and the poems reflect the month) and then each date has a poem under it.
I am reading it aloud to my boys each day.  They like to say the catchy title throughout the day.
Three indices- by poets, first lines and titles.
People may not like how thick and large the book is (this aspect doesn't bother me).  I have found that I would like to know more about the poets but then the book would have had to be even more immense!!
**Highly, highly recommend.
-I own this book.


Image result for sing a song of seasons book

No comments:

Post a Comment